Legislation helps lower costs for the middle class, create American jobs, and support the vulnerable
[Washington, D.C.] – Rep. Kirkpatrick voted to pass H.R. 2471, government funding legislation. The bill’s transformative investment will help working families with the cost of living, create American jobs, and support the vulnerable who work hard.
“As Arizona’s Appropriator, I am proud of the bipartisan, bicameral Government funding legislation that we have tirelessly worked on all year. There are incredible Arizona deliverables in this bill, including our Community Project Funding wins,” said Rep. Kirkpatrick. “The investments in this package address some of our nation’s biggest challenges while providing much-needed support to my constituents in Arizona. I’m proud to deliver these historic victories to our state.”
Our government funding legislation includes significant investments to:
- Help Working Families With The Cost of Living: Reduces costs by expanding child care and early learning programs to more working families, investing in America’s K-12 public schools, making college more affordable, expanding access to homeownership, and bringing the promise of rural broadband to more communities
- Create American Jobs: Create good-paying American jobs, putting folks to work rebuilding our infrastructure, helping small businesses grow and thrive, fostering the green energy jobs of tomorrow, and supporting high-quality job training and apprenticeship programs so every American can contribute and succeed
- Support the Vulnerable: Supports the vulnerable by meeting Americans basic needs, by strengthening nutrition assistance, funding more affordable housing, and cracking down on gender-based violence
The legislation also addresses some of our nation’s biggest challenges:
- Protects Our National Security: Protects our national security with robust funding for defense, diplomacy and global development, a strong focus on cybersecurity, and investments in responsible border and maritime security that keeps us safe and respects the rights and dignity of migrants
- Confronts the Climate Crisis: Confronts the existential threat of climate change through a renewed focus on environmental enforcement, pioneering funding for environmental justice, and historic investments in clean energy and climate science
- Strengthens Public Health: Strengthens health care in America by rebuilding our public health infrastructure, investing in lifesaving biomedical research, and confronting urgent health crises, including maternal health, mental health, substance misuse, and gun violence
In addition, the legislation includes Community Project Funding secured by Rep. Kirkpatrick which will directly benefit our community. These include:
· $1,100,000 for Cochise County Animal Shelter
· $100,000 for Rose and Palm Garden Washes Flood Control Project, AZ; U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
· $600,000 for YMCA Drowning Prevention Services Facility Improvements Project
· $2,838,521 for Mother’s Hub at Circle Tree Ranch
· $1,146,028 for City of Tucson Dunbar Pavilion/Dunbar School Rehabilitation Project
· $800,000 for Willard Apartments Improvement Project
· $4,124,500 for Saguaro National Park – Rincon Creek Valley
· $1,000,000 for Pima Community College District, Tucson, AZ for lab equipment
· $1,450,000 for El Rio Santa Cruz Neighborhood Health Care, Inc., Tucson, AZ for facilities and equipment
· $628,000 for Chiricahua Community Health Centers, Inc., AZ, for facilities and equipment.
A detailed summary of the legislation is available here.